Recipe Prepared By: Zahee Haidar
The mojito is a classic cocktail with origins from Cuba. Modern variations of this fantastic beverage are endless. To shake things up you can add a muddled fruit of your choice such as berries or pineapple. You can also substitute the soda water filler for your favorite flavored sparkling beverage. Using an ounce or so of a fruit puree can transform this drink and make it your own. This video will show you how to make a mojito in its basic form.
- 1.5 oz rum
- .75 oz simple syrup or 2 bar spoons sugar
- .75 oz lime juice *optional and lime wedge directly into pint glass
- 5-7 mint leaves
- Add the rum, simple syrup (or sugar,) lime juice and mint leaves to a cocktail glass.
- Muddle (mash) the ingredients in the bottom of the glass.
- Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Dump mixture back into the cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a lime wedge.